The Trainee Air Supervisors course is an International Marine Contractors Association (IMCA) approved certification that is recognised internationally by the commercial diving industry and a prerequisite to training as an Air Diving Supervisor. The dive supervisors scheme commenced in 1987 to provide a training and certification standard for air diving supervisors with a career structure detailed in document IMCA DO13 “IMCA offshore diving supervisor and life support technician schemes”. A trainee air diving supervisor should have sufficient theoretical, technical and operational experience to enable them to carry out their duties.
Pre-Requisites For Course:
- Hold an IMCA recognised Surface Supplied Diving Qualification (IMCA-Briefing Note)
- Demonstrated competence as an Offshore Air Diver
- 100 Offshore Commercial Dives before attending training course
- A basic aptitude with mathematics
What Does The E-Course Include?
E-Learning is IMCA’s preferred training method during the COVID19 Pandemic & TRAUMA Training e-learning courses are fully approved (IMCA-COVID Note).
This intensive 30 hour course covers diving physics, diving physiology, leadership and control, legislation and the duties of the air diving supervisor (In U.K. & International sector). Because of the effects COVID-19, IMCA have permitted the use of an E-Learning approach with this program. From the point of booking, the student has access to a comprehensive pre-recorded lesson package. The lessons have helpful quizzes which guides you through the Physics, Anatomy, Legislation & procedures. The course will run from Monday to Friday and will consist of daily hour long ZOOM lectures hosted by a highly experienced Offshore Supervisor. You will receive daily confirmation exams, which cover all the aspects of TADS program, the exams auto mark with instant feedback. We will support you throughout the program & are able to identify areas of weakness to increase student specific support. The Friday will consist of the final exam. With the new program, the student can elect to plough through the course at their own speed… over weeks (from the point of booking) or intensively over the course of the week.
The Path to Air Supervisor:
On completion of the training you can start building panel hours as a trainee air diving supervisor and ultimately be put through the IMCA exam by a company that needs you to be qualified as an air diving supervisor.
- Completes 200 hands-on hours working as Trainee Air Diving Supervisor on at least 100 surface dives
- Demonstrates competence as an offshore air diver and completes 200 offshore commercial air dives
- Passes the IMCA Module I examination.
- NOTE: Application to sit for the IMCA examination must be made within 3 years of successful completion of the training course and at least half the required panel hours logged within the 2 years prior to the application.
On successful completion of the TADS Course you will be enrolled in our IMCA ADS Exam preparatory course free of charge.