The Diver Medic Technician (DMT) course is an International Marine Contractors Association (IMCA) approved certification that is recognised internationally by the commercial diving industry.
What does this course include?
The course also include Certificates in; Occupational First Aid, Oxygen Administration and AED Operator.
- Advanced airway management and oxygen administration
- Respiratory and cardiac arrest. Automated External Defibrillator (AED) use
- Wound management & wound closure techniques
- Haemorrhage control including use of the CAT tourniquet
- Care & transport of the critically ill
- Diving incident management including triage
- Chest decompression
- Urethral catheterisation
- Vascular access and intravenous infusion
- Intraosseous infusion and management
- Clinical analysis: venipuncture, blood glucose analysis and urinalysis
The Diver Medic Technician (DMT) course has 60 hours contact time, The theoretical component is delivered by e-learning and the clinical skills are class based. class-time is 5days with a 5 day pre-learning package. The exam will be delivered on the e-learning platform at the end of the course.
Although open to any divers with a medical interest, IMCA certification will only be issued on successful completion to those holding a relevant offshore qualification for the diving industry (e.g. minimum HSE Part 1 or equivalent, LST or Offshore Supervisor).
TRAUMA-Training have now fully embraced the advantages of e-learning. The students will have access to a huge e-learning resource from the point of booking, which will essentially include the entire course content. The content is also accessible after the course is completed, so keeping your skills refreshed has never been easier.
Social distancing measures are in place. The use of PPE during scenarios will reflect the medical reality now existing.
Where Is The Course Held:
Abol Life Support Training Center, 35 Airport Rd, Warri, Delta State, Nigeria.
There are no reviews yet.