The Diver Medic Technician (DMT) course is an International Marine Contractors Association (IMCA) approved certification that is recognised internationally by the commercial diving industry.
What does this course include?
The course includes a First Aid at Work, Oxygen Administration and AED Operator Certificate
- Advanced airway management and oxygen administration
- Respiratory and cardiac arrest. Automated External Defibrillator (AED) use
- Wound management & wound closure techniques
- Haemorrhage control including use of the CAT tourniquet
- Care & transport of the critically ill
- Diving incident management including triage
- Chest decompression
- Urethral catheterisation
- Vascular access and intravenous infusion
- Intraosseous infusion and management
- Clinical analysis: venipuncture, blood glucose analysis and urinalysis
The Diver Medic Technician (DMT) course is run over 2 weeks with a 10 day contact time, 2 days of the course are e-learning, so actual class-time is 8days with a 2 day pre-learning package.
Although open to any divers with a medical interest, IMCA certification will only be issued on successful completion to those holding a relevant offshore qualification for the diving industry (e.g. minimum HSE Part 1 or equivalent, LST or Offshore Supervisor).
TRAUMA-Training have now fully embraced the advantages of e-learning. The students will have access to a huge e-learning resource from the point of booking which will essentially include the entire course content. The content is also accessible after the course is completed, so keeping your skills refreshed has never been easier.