The Diver Medic Technician (DMT) course is an International Marine Contractors Association (IMCA) approved certification that is recognised internationally by the commercial diving industry.
What does this course include?
The course includes a First Aid at Work, Oxygen Administration and AED Operator Certificate
- Advanced airway management and oxygen administration
- Respiratory and cardiac arrest. Automated External Defibrillator (AED) use
- Wound management & wound closure techniques
- Haemorrhage control including use of the CAT tourniquet
- Care & transport of the critically ill
- Diving incident management including triage
- Chest decompression
- Urethral catheterisation
- Vascular access and intravenous infusion
- Intraosseous infusion and management
- Clinical analysis: venipuncture, blood glucose analysis and urinalysis
The Diver Medic Technician (DMT) course is run over 2 weeks with a 10 day contact time. Although open to any divers with a medical interest, IMCA certification will only be issued on successful completion to those holding a relevant offshore qualification for the diving industry (e.g. minimum HSE Part 1 or equivalent, LST or Offshore Supervisor).