The Diver Medic Technician (DMT) course is an International Marine Contractors Association (IMCA) approved program that is recognised internationally by the commercial diving industry.
What does this course include?
The course includes a First Aid at Work, Oxygen Administration and AED Operator Certificate
- Advanced airway management and oxygen administration
- Respiratory and cardiac arrest. Automated External Defibrillator (AED) use
- Wound management & wound closure techniques
- Haemorrhage control including use of the CAT tourniquet
- Care & transport of the critically ill
- Diving incident management including triage
- Chest decompression
- Urethral catheterisation
- Vascular access and intravenous infusion
- Intraosseous infusion and management
- Clinical analysis: venipuncture, blood glucose analysis and urinalysis
The Diver Medic Technician Course is a 60 hour program. The course is now blended learning, comprising of a pre-course e-learning package. The e-learning consists of pre-recorded lectures & quizzes. The actual attendance course is 5 days (run from Tuesday to Saturday), which are highly practical & scenario based.
TRAUMA-Training have now fully embraced the advantages of e-learning. The students will have access to a huge e-learning resource from the point of booking which will essentially include the entire course content. The content is also accessible after the course is completed, so keeping your skills refreshed has never been easier.