This intensive 24 hour course covers diving physics, diving physiology, leadership and chamber practice, dive bell procedures and legislation. The path to supervisor is covered in IMCA D013 Diving Supervisor and LST Certificate
What Does The TBDS E-Course Include?
E-Learning is IMCA’s preferred training method during the COVID19 Pandemic & TRAUMA Training e-learning courses are fully approved (IMCA-COVID Note).
- This intensive 24 hour course covers diving physics, diving physiology, leadership and control, legislation and the duties of the Closed Bell diving supervisor (In U.K. & International sector).
- From the point of booking, the student has access to a comprehensive pre-recorded e-learning lesson package. The lessons have helpful quizzes which guides you through the Physics, Anatomy, Legislation & procedures.
- The course will run from Tuesday to Friday and will consist of daily hour long ZOOM lectures hosted by a highly experienced Offshore Supervisor.
- You will receive daily confirmation exams, which cover all the aspects of TADS program, the exams auto mark with instant feedback.
- We will support you throughout the program & are able to identify areas of weakness to increase student specific support.
- The Friday will consist of the final exam, this is conducted on the e-learning platform & monitored via zoom. The subjects include; Physics, Physiology, Diving Bell Practices, Chamber Practices & Legislation. You have 3hrs (you get an extra hr if English is your 2nd language).
- With the new program, the student can elect to plough through the course at their own speed… over weeks (from the point of booking) or intensively over the course of the week.
TBDS Pre-Requisites For Course:
- Hold an IMCA recognised Closed Bell Diving Qualification (IMCA-Briefing Note)
- Have completed 400 closed bell lockout hours.
- Hold an IMCA ADS certificate or completed the IMCA TADS course.
- We offer a TADS fast-track course for guys needing both the TADS & TBDS Course. E-mail for information ([email protected])
Upon successfully passing the TBDS Exam, you will receive:
- A free ALST qualification.
- Free enrolment onto our IMCA BDS Prep course. This will give you continued access to our extensive e-learning database and greatly increase your success in the eventual IMCA BDS exam.
The Path to BDS (Bell Diving Supervisors)
To be appointed as a Bell Diving Supervisor you must;
- Have been recommended by a company in accordance with the IMCA guidance on competence assurance and assessment.
- Acted as a Trainee Air Diving Supervisor on at least 10 offshore commercial air dives.
- Note: it is possible to do the TADS and TBDS Courses simultaneously.
- Logged at least 350 panel hours (under direct supervision) offshore on a minimum of 50 bell runs over a minimum period of 90 days working as a Trainee Bell Diving Supervisor.
- Logged at least 360 panel hours at any time working either as an LST or ALST.
- Passed the IMCA Air & Closed Bell Diving Supervisor examinations.
- NOTE: Application to sit the IMCA examination must be made within 3 years of successful completion of the TBDS training course and at least half the required panel hours logged within the 2 years prior to the application.
IMCA Policy on BDS EXAM Failure & Resits: IMCA-InformationNote-1438