The Emergency First Aid at Work (EFAW) course is run according to guidelines from the UK Resuscitation Council.
Upon completion of the course the candidate will be qualified to First Aid Appointed Person status.
Who Should Attend?
This course is ideal for nominated appointed persons in the workplace, or anyone requiring comprehensive skills to deal with first aid emergencies.
- UK Resuscitation Council (first aid) regulations
- Managing an incident
- Casualty assessment
- Dealing with an unconscious casualty
- Dealing with a choking casualty
- Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Shock (including anaphylactic shock)
- Minor wound management and asepsis
- Burns and scalds
Successful candidates will receive a certificate of competence that is valid for 3 years.
- Emergency First Aid At Work course: 1 day (6 contact hours)
- Emergency First Aid At Work course combined with the AED Operator course: 1 day (8 contact hours)